Ways to Shop Rings & Things
We offer the following ways to shop beads, jewelry findings and jewelry-making supplies:
- Online Store
- Showroom in Spokane, WA
- Call Us at 1-800-366-2156, M-F, 8am - 4pm Pacific Time
- Fax a completed print order form to 509-838-2602
- Mail a completed print order form to Rings & Things, 304 E 2nd Ave, Spokane, WA 99202 USA
We no longer have a printed catalog. All our jewelry making components, with current prices and quantities, are online at www.rings-things.com. If a stock number from an old printed catalog is no longer available, try finding similar items by searching for just the first 4 or 5 digits of the item number (including the dash: 28-33 or 40-099), or by searching for key words that describe the product, including the material (crystal bead blue, or sterling ear wire). Or contact us- we're happy to help!
We do not currently have any traveling Bead Shows scheduled. To see upcoming local (Spokane, WA) events, please visit our Showroom page.
Jewelry Making Tips & Techniques
We've transferred 100's of the tips and techniques from our printed catalog to our new website -- they are in the "Learn" tab of our new website, and of course we brought the Design Gallery with us too!
We strongly recommend you create an account with a password.
When you're logged in, you can also create and edit Wish Lists.
For further assistance, please contact our Customer Service Team. Call 1-800-366-2156 toll free (or 1-509-252-2900 from outside the USA and Canada) between 8am and 4pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday.
You will receive an order confirmation as soon as you place your order. Please watch for it, and any related alerts, to make sure that your order was successfully placed. If you change your email address, let us know, and we are happy to update the email address in your account so you can continue to receive important alerts about your order.
You will receive an emailed invoice and shipping confirmation (with tracking number) when we bill and ship your order. Most orders leave our warehouse the same day they were placed!
When you receive your order, open it and carefully check all items:
- Contact us within two weeks of receiving your purchase if there is a problem, and we will fix it!
- If goods arrive damaged, please keep packaging intact for inspection by the carrier.
If you have questions, please email us, or call 1 (800) 366-2156 (8am - 4pm PT). We're happy to help!
Our warehouse is in Washington State, which means that WA-State customers are subject to Destination-Based Sales Tax. If you are tax-exempt, and your order is shipping to a Washington-state address, update your account at least 24 hours prior to placing your order.
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and payments via PayPal.
When using PayPal:
- You will be redirected to PayPal's site from our checkout. PayPal will then return you to our checkout, where you have another opportunity to review your order before you click the final "Place Order" button.
- PayPal may require that you ship to an address that's already in their system.
- If you experience any issues with PayPal checkout, please log into your Rings & Things account before selecting a payment option.
All prices are in USD.
For information about check payments, or wire transfers for international orders, contact us.
To pay using your Net-30 Open Account, click "Invoice" in the Payment section of checkout.
To apply for a Net-30 Open Account (PDF), a.k.a. Credit App:
- Be sure to print and mail both pages of the PDF form to us.
- Since we contact your references, it may take 2-4 weeks after we receive your application before we can give you an answer.
- Interest of 1.0% per month is charged on any unpaid balance after 30 days.
To receive a full refund, merchandise must be in its original packaging, unused, and returned within 30 days of receipt.
For fastest refund or credit, please fill out a Product Return Form and include it in your return package. For regional customers, return to the Showroom and we will make it right.
Please contact us when:
- Items are damaged or defective
- We have shipped something incorrectly
- You are shipping from an international address
- Returning hazardous items (listed as HZ on your invoice)
- Returning large/bulky items (listed as DW on your invoice)
The following items are not eligible for returns:
- Special orders
- Cut chain and wire
- Gift certificates
- Red-tag, Clearance, V100 status items and cash-&-carry (C&C) items
- Showroom-exclusive items (tagged SR)
- Bead Show inventory (purchased at trunk/bead shows)
When mailing us a return:
- Securely package items and Return Merchandise Authorization or Product Return Form in a padded envelope or rigid box.
- Send to: Returns Department, R & T, 304 E 2nd Ave, Spokane, WA, 99202
- If you used a free return label, retain the portion of the shipping label with tracking information.
To exchange an item, please mail us your return and place a new order for the replacement items.
We will refund your original payment method or credit your Rings & Things account. Refund value will deduct discounts, coupons and punch card value first. A restocking fee of 15% or more may apply. Invoice prices will be recalculated if a return causes quantity price breaks or discounts to no longer apply.
All prices are in US Dollars.
For larger quantities than those listed, call 1-800-366-2156 toll free (or 1-509-252-2900 from outside the USA and Canada) between 8am and 4pm PT, Monday through Friday. Some quantities may need to be special ordered.
Items excluded from Sale prices include:
- Shipping, insurance, and fees
- Gift certificates
- Special orders
- Clearance items
- Swarovski factory packs
- ImpressArt metal stamps
- Fretz hammers
- Precious metal sheet, wire, and solder (including gold-filled and silver-filled wire)
- Metal clay & kits containing metal clay
- Tools with electric cords/plugs (kilns, tumblers, drill presses, flex shafts, etc.)
Factory packs are sold just as we receive them from the manufacturer. The number of beads in a factory pack depends on the size of the bead. Returns are not accepted on opened or partial factory packs.
Out-of-Stock Items (Pre-Orders & Back Orders)
Back orders or pre-orders are available for most items. A pre-order allows you to reserve brand new stock before it arrives at our warehouse. A back order allows you to order items that are currently out of stock, but which are expected back in stock in the next 60 days. Pre-ordered and back-ordered items are handled the same way.
- In-stock items in your order are shipped immediately. Back-order and pre-order items are sent in a single shipment once all out-of-stock goods are received.
- Back orders under $5 are cancelled, unless you request otherwise.
- Back orders under $99 to domestic (U.S.) addresses ship via the least expensive method up to $5.95. Domestic back orders of $99+ ship for free. There may be exceptions for Hazardous items (HZ Example) and Dimensional Weight items (DW Example).
- International back orders ship via the cheapest method available, unless you specify otherwise. International back orders under $30 are cancelled (unless you request otherwise).
Back orders normally ship within 6 weeks. If they take more than 60 days, or the remainder of your back order totals less then $5, we normally cancel the back order unless you request otherwise.
ETA: We update the Estimated Restock Date on out-of-stock products at least once per week -- it's listed below the price on each product's Details page. Contact us for more information about items with an estimated in-stock date that is Under Review, or products available by special order. We make good faith estimate of the in-stock date, however variables outside our control may impact the date (international holidays, political events, availability of raw materials, manufacturer stock levels, minimum order quantities, customs, etc.).
To cancel, change or add onto a back order, please reply to your backorder email or log in to your account and submit a case with your request. Otherwise, your back order will ship when all back ordered and pre ordered items are in stock!
If you aren't able to order the item you want, please contact us about special orders.
Notify Me: Request a back-in-stock Notification! (Currently in beta testing) -- Is the item you want, out of stock? Here's a trick: Use our Product Review form to get an email as soon as it arrives!
- Click into the details of the product you want a notification for, and scroll down to the Product Review section.
- Type a Review Title of: Notify Me
- Add any personal Comments you want for yourself (we'll send this comment to you when the item is back in stock).
- We do NOT publish any product reviews that have a title of "Notify Me".
- Fill out all fields (they're required, sorry!)
- Include the email address you want your notification to go to -- You'll receive an email within 24 hours of when the item arrives!
Security Upgrade in May 2018!
We follow the highest Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This is a set of requirements designed to ensure that all companies that process, store or transmit bankcard information maintain a secure environment. We also use Trustwave, a globally-trusted internet security and compliance brand that routinely scans and probes our website and online store for vulnerabilities.
In 2018, the credit card industry is requiring a new higher set of data security protocols (TLS 1.2) for all websites that handle credit cards. Our website already uses TLS 1.2 (or higher) with all customers whose browsers can handle it, but as of May 21, 2018 our website is no longer allowed to "talk" to computers and browsers using the older standards. This could affect you! By August 2018, all websites that handle credit cards will be upgrading to meet the new standard, and phase out the older protocols. Once these upgrades happen, old browsers that use TLS 1.0 and 1.1 will no longer be able to access secure website pages. So if you can't log in, check out, or access secure portions of our website -- or other websites -- it's time to upgrade your browser. (The process varies depending on your device and browser.)
Sales Tax & Resale Tax ID's
You do not need a reseller permit (tax number / resale tax ID) or a business license to order from us. However, if you have a business license, resale ID or other proof of business, you may register for our Wholesale program.
Are you being unfairly taxed? Occasionally our webstore will display our local tax rate to shoppers in states that do not have sales tax, and/or to Wholesale customers. To remove the sales tax, enter your shipping address. (With no shipping address, our webstore thinks you plan on picking up your order in our Spokane, WA Showroom.) Or, if you are wholesale and your shipping address is in Washington state, verify we have the correct type of tax ID on file for you:
If you are in Washington state, verify that we have your Washington Reseller Permit (see sample), not Business License.
If you are in British Columbia, and are picking up an order in Washington State, or having your order shipped to a WA State address:
- Log in to your account
- Go to My Account > Settings > Tax Section
- Add your Washington Reseller Permit (and expiration date), or Canadian PST# and Registration Country. (Our store won't let you pick British Columbia from the list, so please put PST at the beginning of the number, and add Canada as the registration country.)