Vintaj Natural Brass findings and leather bracelets go together like butter on bread! You can unite them with rivets, thread, jump rings and more. Here are two examples highlighting how to combine Vintaj jewelry supplies with leather bracelets.
Leather cuff bracelets together with Vintaj supplies.
With just a few supplies, you can create stylish and unique cuff bracelets, incorporating popular and trendsetting Vintaj Natural Brass findings. For this riveted version, all you need is:
The supplies needed for this easy bracelet project are minimal.
1. Colorize the soaring sparrow connector with Patina™ ink. For step-by-step instructions, see our blog post : “Customizing Tim Holtz idea-ology® Word Bands for a Handmade Look” where Rings & Things Jewelry Designer Mollie Valente shows us how to apply Patina ink.
Colorize the metal with VIntaj® patina
2. The ready made loops on the connector are a little small for the 3/16″ rivet. Using the riveting system, pierce the existing loops in the connector so the rivets will fit through.
Use the piercing end of the riveting system to enlarge the holes to 3/16″.
3. Place the focal piece where you want to rivet it on the leather bracelet, and mark where to make the holes in the leather.
Use an ultra fine tip marker to mark the hole placement.
4. Use bracelet bending pliers to curve the focal for a better fitting bracelet.
Curve the metal with bending pliers.
5. Use the piercing side of the Crafted Findings tool to make holes in the leather, then use the setting side of the same tool to rivet the focal piece to the leather bracelet.
TIP: Include a washer or riveting accent on the back side to keep the rivet secure in the leather.
If you haven’t yet used a Crafted Findings riveting system, check out the video!
Soar With Me Cuff Bracelet
Our second example begins with a leather cuff bracelet that I have already added eyelets too. To see how this is done, check out our blog post: “How-to-set-eyelets-in-leather” where I show step-by-step photographs and instructions on this very bracelet.
Start with adding eyelets to a leather bracelet, then add the fun!
Add some Vintaj Natural Brass charms to the eyelets with brass jump rings.
When you open and close jump rings, twist sideways instead of “ovalling” them. This keeps their shape better, which makes them easier to close all the way. To prevent marks on the ring, use non-serrated flat-nose pliers.
Twist ends away from each other. Don’t pull apart sideways.
After adding some Vintaj natural brass bling, you now have a fun and trendy leather cuff bracelet!
Lilac Locks Leather Bracelet
Hopefully this has inspired you to have your own fun combining beautiful Vintaj findings and leather cuff bracelets!