Extra-secure leverback ear wires keep these earrings safely in the ear -- no lost earrings! Ultra AB Blue may be a bit pricey, but it is stunning -- These simple earrings receive tons of compliments.
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Place a crystal stone in a setting, and use nylon-jaw pliers to press each prong part-way down on the stone. Make sure stone is centered, then go back around and press each prong down more securely. If necessary, burnish each prong down smooth with a burnishing tool (the back end of a standard Sharpie works great).
- Use the loop at the bottom of the ear wire, to add charm. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Repeat for other earring.
- 1 pair #34-340-20-12-5 Leverback Earwire with Loop and 12mm Cushion Stone Setting - Antiqued Silver Plate
- 2 each #04-470-12-506 Swarovski 4470 Cushion Square Stone, 12mm - Ultra AB Blue
- 2 each #49-943-05-AS TierraCast Mehndi Charm - Antiqued Silver Plated
- #68-007-01 Jewelry Technique Sheet, Jewelry Basics 101
- Nylon-Jaw Pliers
- Burnishing Tool
- Round-nose pliers (or your favorite pliers for opening and closing jump rings).