Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Lay out a pattern on the blank bracelet. Free-hand, or using a ruler, mark each spot using an awl or an extra-fine point marker.
(The heishi beads pictured are 18mm apart.)
- Punch 1/16" holes in the leather, using the cutting end of the Crafted Findings riveting tool.
- If necessary, use the cutting end of the riveting tool to punch 1/16" holes in the center of the vinyl disk beads.
- Use a short rivet (probably 3/32" long - but leather thickness and bead thicknesses vary, so the rivet length will vary too).
- Stack components on the rivet in the following order: smallest bead, larger bead, leather bracelet.
- Add a final bead (any color) on the backside of the bracelet, so the tiny set rivet does not pull through the leather.
- Each rivet should be approx. 1mm longer than the components before riveting.
- Use the setting end of the Crafted Findings tool to set each rivet.
- The #22-535 vulcanite heishi beads vary from 3 to 10mm. When I made this bracelet, we had #22-535-sm, with mixed 4-7mm yellow, red and black beads. In case those are no longer available, here is our full selection of vulcanite heishi beads. I suggest 2 colors of 4mm beads, and 1 strand of approx. 6mm beads.
- The bracelet pictured is a 1" bracelet in Olive Green, but many other colors are available!
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
- 1 each #51-810-10-39 Bracelet, Genuine Leather, 1", Cuff
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 17] #69-920-01-2 Rivet, 1/16", Sample Pack, Short
- 2 strands [use 42 beads] #22-535-SM Trade Bead, Plastic Heishi, Vulcanite, 4-7mm
- 1 strand #22-535-63 Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 4mm - Yellow
- 1 strand #22-535-61 Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 4mm - Red
- 1 strand #22-535-77 Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 6mm - Old Ivory Color ~or!
1 strand #22-535-76 Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 6mm - Blue
or other colors of your choice!
- Fine Point Permanent Marker