Created by: Sondra Barrington
This design uses a pearl bead (one of June's birthstones). Use a pearl bead from your bead stash to create this design as-is, or substitute other charms, beads, or birthstones in place of the pearl bead and swirling side charms.
- Make a wire-wrapped head pin with the pearl bead (with a loop large enough to slide freely along the leather). See step-by-step instructions in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF). You may need to use a heishi bead or seed bead to hold the pearl onto the head pin.
- Add jump rings to charms (see Jewelry Basics 101 for best way to open and close jump rings), and slide all charms onto the leather.
- Add more or fewer charms as you wish!
- Cut leather flush after measuring. Bracelets sometimes take a lot of abuse, so use a dab of glue inside the cord end. Insert leather into the cord end and gently pinch the cord ends together until secure.
- Use jump rings to add the clasp.
- 1 dozen #39-340-3 Silver Plated Lobster Clasp, 10mm
- 1 hundred [use 4] #37-175-3 TierraCast Silver Plated Round Jump Rings, 7.6mm, 16-gauge
- 1 20-meter [use 6-8"] #61-132-20-02 Greek Leather Cord, 2mm, 20 Meter - Black
- 2 each #48-170-2-3 JBB Findings Silver Plated Cord End, Round, 2mm I.D.
- 1 hundred [use 1] #37-091-20-3 Silver Plated Ball End Head Pin, Thin, 2"
- 1 each #49-958-59-AS TierraCastAntiqued Silver Plated Bird in a Tree Charm
- 1 each #49-958-74-AP TierraCast Antiqued Pewter Plated Britannia Pewter Jardin 5/8" Charm
- 1 each #60-270 EURO TOOL Adhesive, Super New Glue
- Basic Jewelry-Making Tools (round-nose pliers, flat-nose pliers, wire cutters)
- Pearl bead from the designer's bead stash
You may also be interested in