Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Use 6 wavy disks with the dapping set, to create domed bead caps to fit the rotund trade beads. Flatten the rest with a nylon hammer to create 12mm brass heishi.
- String the beads on the stretch cord in a symmetric design. For visual interest, use varying diameters of plastic and metal heishi.
- Cut the cord so you have about 2" extra at each end.
- Tie a surgeon’s knot next to one of the rotund trade beads. They have larger holes and you can hide the knot in the hole.
- When knotting, pull cord tight. You don't want any visible slack, but you also don't want the bracelet to bunch up.
- For security, use double jump rings to attach the lotus pendant.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
- Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet (PDF)
- Blog post: How to Dap and Dome Metal Jewelry
- Instructional Video: Stretch Magic Knot Tying Instructions
- 1 strand [use 24] #26-818-216 Bead, Wavy Disk, 12mm
- 1 each #88-801-05-0 Nina Designs Natural Bronze Lotus Flower Pendant (31mm size pictured is no longer available. Suggested sub: 19x15mm version.)
- 1 strand [use 40] #22-535-SM Trade Bead, Plastic Heishi, Vulcanite, 4-7mm (not always available -- see full color and size range of Vulcanite beads here.)
- 1 strand [use 120] #22-535-87 Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 10mm - Old Ivory Color
- 1 strand [use 6] #22-519-80 Trade Bead, Powder Glass, Rotund
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-136-0 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-167-0 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm
- 1 spool [use 10-12"] #61-038-05 Cord, Stretch Magic®, 1mm, 5-meter
- #69-330 Pad for Bench Block
- #69-199 Tool, Dapping Block & Punches, 8 Punches
- #69-271-06 Tool, Glitter, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-345 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 2lb
- #69-108 Tool, Steel Square Block, 2.3"