Create this project using large-hole gemstone beads of your choice, 1mm cotton or leather cord, and your favorite button as the clasp.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Cut cording and fold in half. Using the button as a guide, make a loop that just barely fits over the button and tie an overhand knot with both pieces of leather.
- String first bead and add a simple knot. Continue.
- When you have reached the desired length, thread the cord through the button shank from opposite sides and knot. Before tightening knot, make sure you have enough room to pull the button through the loop at the opposite end.
- Trim excess cord.
- 1 strand (use 16 beads) #21-001-007-02 Amazonite Gemstone Beads, 8mm Round with Large Hole
- 1 each #59-100-45-AS TierraCast Blossom Button - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 1 ball (use about 4 feet) #61-551-02 Leather Cord, 1mm, 25yd - Black
- #61-701-02 Braided Cotton Cord, 1mm, Black