Created by: Mollie Valente
Designer Tips - Part 1: Prepare Components
- Disassemble the metal mesh choker necklace and temporarily set aside the lobster clasp and metal mesh chain. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Create a 3-ring and a 4-ring section of ring & connector chain by opening and discarding end connector links. Our finished necklace has a three-ring section of chain (this is on the clasp-side of the necklace) and a four-ring section of chain on the other side. (See blog article or image below.)
For step-by-step instructions with images, see our blog article.
Designer Tips - Part 2: Assemble the Necklace
- Use a 6mm jump ring to attach the mesh-necklace loop to the ring & connector chain (four-ring piece).
- On the other side use a 6mm jump ring to connect the mesh-necklace loop to the lobster clasp and lotus petal charm.
- Then attach a 5mm jump ring to the ring & connector chain (three-ring piece); this jump ring will receive the lobster clasp.
- Use 10mm jump rings to attach the ceramic bottle handles to the ring & connector chain ends.
- Complete the necklace by attaching the lobster clasp to the 5mm jump ring.
- 1 each #28-608-525 Ceramic Raku-style Pendant, Lotus Bottle
- 1 ten-pack (use 1 piece) #52-293-18-3 Silver Plated Metal Mesh Choker, 3mm Round
- 1 foot (use 4 inches) #40-090-37-3 Silver Plated Ring & Connector Chain by the FOOT, 9mm
- 1 each #49-943-19-AS TierraCast 13mm Lotus Petal Charm - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 1 ounce (use 5 pieces) #37-100-3 Silver Plated Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes (use 2: 10mm, 2: 6mm, and 1: 5mm)
- #69-271-03 EURO TOOL Glitter, Chain-Nose Jewelry Pliers
- #69-271-08 EURO TOOL Glitter, Flat-Nose Jewelry Pliers