These verdigris coin earrings are a beautiful combination of metal and gemstones, with a hint of sparkle. This beginner project requires only a few basic jewelry-making tools and can be completed quickly.
Created by: Debbie Nelson
- Using the larger side of the hole punch, punch 2 holes in each coin. Add eyelet using the eyelet setter and anvil.
- Wire wrap the crystal spike and attach to coin using a jump ring. For step-by-step instructions on making wire wrapped loops, and best way to open/close jump rings, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Wire wrap the turquoise bead and bicone and attach to other end of coin with another jump ring.
- Add French hook to turquoise end of beads.
- 2 each #44-054 21mm Antique India Pices Coin
- 2 each #06-480-18-150 Swarovski 6480 Spike Pendant, 18mm - Golden Shadow
- 1 Spool #46-400-30 Artistic Wire Copper Jewelry Wire, 20ga, 45ft - Antique Brass
- 1 100 [use 4 pieces] #69-984-01-6 TierraCast Antiqued Brass Plated Leather Eyelet, 3.7mm long
- 1 ounce [use 4 pieces] #37-133-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm
- 1 gross [use 2 pieces] #34-362-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Earring Hook Findings, Plain
- 1 strand [use 2 beads] #21-884-125 African Turquoise Gemstone Beads, Round, 4mm
- 1 dozen [use 2 beads] #05-328-04-80 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Topaz AB
- #69-235 EuroTool 2 hole punch -- this "helicopter" style punch easily punches through a wide variety of materials! Don't be fooled by cheap knockoffs. The EuroTool 2-hole punch is the one that works! Please click into product details for instructions on keeping your 2-hole punch cutting "like butter". There are 2 simple tricks to good tool health.
- #69-363 TierraCast eyelet setter with anvil - click into product details for usage instructions.
- Basic Jewelry-Making Tool Set (cutters, round nose pliers, flat nose pliers)