All chain and settings used below are in Antique Brass, but Silver Plate and Antique Copper settings are also available!
Created by: Bridget Austin
- Use chain nose pliers or a burnishing tool to fold the prongs down and set a stone into its bezel.
- Attach jump rings to the setting and attach loops of the toggle clasps to each side.
For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- If desired, set another stone, adding loops from another pair of toggles.
- Cut chain to desired length for bracelet using wire cutters. Mine was 5" each, but adjust according to desired size.
- To attach the leather to the #40-090-04-6>40-090-04-6 chain, a small dot of Super New Glue was used on each side of the leather end; hold end for a few seconds to set. (If you prefer, you could wire-wrap or rivet the leather to itself.) Weave remaining length of leather through each link of chain. Cut and glue the end of the leather.
- Attach all 3 lengths of chain to a jump ring on each end.
- Attach the bar of the toggle clasp to each end.
- The bracelet is interchangeable using different stones and settings using the same toggle clasps. With a gross of toggles in each package -- the colors and opportunities are endless!
- 1 each [use 6"] #61-833-12-12 Deer Hide Lace Cord, 3mm - Chestnut
- 1 foot #40-090-04-6>40-090-04-6Hammered Curb Chain, 6mm
- 1 foot #40-090-07-6 Rollo Chain, 4.5mm
- 1 foot #40-090-35-6 Textured Long and Short chain, 4.1mm
- 1 each #41-878-51-12-6 Cushion Square Bezel Setting, 2 Loop
- 1 each #41-878-03-12-6 Rivoli Bezel Setting, 2 Loop
- 1 each #04-470-12-07 12mm Cushion Square stone in Crystal Volcano
- 1 each #01-122-12-513 12mm Rivoli stone in Crystal Mahogany
- 1 #60-270 Super New Glue
- 1 Gross (144 sets) [use 2 sets -- or more] #39-190-12-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Toggle Clasp, Cast, 12mm
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-136-6 5mm, 20ga Jump Rings
- Chain-Nose Pliers
- Burnishing Tool
- Wire Cutters