January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation day in the United States. Celebrate these quirky Sciuridaes with us!
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Place the squirrel charms on the rubber block and polish the high points with the 3M sanding sponge. Use a EuroTool polishing pad to create a shiny finish.
- Attach a finished squirrel charm to the loop of the eye pin.
- For best way to open and close loops, and how to make wrapped loops, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- String the following beads onto the eye pin: 3.4mm brass heishi bead, 6mm Swarovski bicone bead, 3.4mm brass heishi bead, and 4mm Swarovski bicone bead.
- Finish the beaded eye pin with a wrapped loop.
- Attach the wrapped loop to the earwire loop.
- Repeat for second earring.
- 1 pair #88-103-22-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Charm, Gathering Squirrel, 16.5x12.5mm
- 1 gross (use 4 beads) #26-233-0 Brass Metal Beads, Heishi-Style, 3.4x1mm
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-328-06-32 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 6mm - Jet AB 2X
- 1 ounce (use 2 pieces) #37-722-6 Antiqued Brass Eye Pin, 2", Standard
- 1 pair #34-061-27 TierraCast Brass-colored Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 1 pair #33-960Wire Keepers, white
- #69-118 Rubber Bench Block, 4x4x1"
- #69-257-0005 3M Sanding Sponges, 1200-1500 Grit
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #66-214-06 Beading Mat (optional-keep beads from rolling away while you work)