As the Remover of Obstacles, and Lord of Beginnings, Ganesh is a popular charm or talisman for travelers. Combine this auspicious symbol with Maneki Neko, the beckoning kitty who welcomes good fortune and friends, and you have a winning combination to wear while planning future travel, even if you can't travel anywhere exciting right now.
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Squeeze the charm holder to unhook it.
- These Czech "O" beads usually fit over the hook of the wire hoop, but sometimes you need to gently open the hoop's hook with a pair of chain-nose pliers to add these glass beads.
- Add beads and charms in desired order, and re-hook the wire hoop.
- Use chain-nose pliers to twist ear wire open, and add to top of hoop. (New to jewelry-making? See Jewelry Basics 101.)
- 1 tube (use 4 beads) #23-514-1553 Czech Glass Bead, O, 3.8x1mm - Magic Orchid
- 1 ten (use 4 beads) #26-751-02-AB TierraCast 5mm Large-Hole Nugget Heishi Beads - Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 ten (use 4 beads) #26-751-02-AP TierraCast 5mm Large-Hole Nugget Heishi Beads - Antiqued Pewter Plated
- 1 each #49-943-17-AS TierraCast 18mm Ganesh Charm - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 1 each #49-943-18-AG TierraCast Beckoning Kitty Charm - Antiqued Gold Plated
- 1 each #42-240-01-6 TierraCast Small Wire Hoop Charm Holder - Antiqued Brass
- 1 each #42-240-01-3 TierraCast Small Wire Hoop Charm Holder - Silver Plated
- 1 pair #34-063-12 TierraCast Black Niobium Earring Hook Findings