Quick tutorial on professional techniques for making a simple geometric pair of earrings with a half-ball drop-post, Swarovski crystal rainbow dark teardrop, and TierraCast gold plated dagger charm. Always FREE Jewelry Tutorials at rings-things.com. No blinkin ads. No login required.
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Select 4 matching medium-large (6-7mm) jump rings from the bag of assorted jump rings.
- Use one jump ring to connect the charm to the teardrop, and another to connect the teardrop to the earring post. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Add an earring nut of your choice.
- Repeat for other earring.
- 2 each #44-940-06-4 TierraCast Gold Plated Britannia Pewter 3/4" Dagger Charm
- 2 each #03-230-18-476 Swarovski 3230 Sew-on Drop, 18mm - Rainbow Dark
- 1 pair #32-130-07-GP TierraCast Post Earring w/ 8mm Dome and Loop - Gold Plated
- 1 ounce (use 4 pieces) #37-100-2 Yellow Plated Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes
- 1 package (use 2 pieces) #33-084-2 Anodized Aluminum & Bronze Earring Backs, Mechanical Grip & Flange
- 1 pair bent chain-nose pliers
- 1 pair chain-nose pliers