Created by: Mollie Valente
- Clip the loop off both moon charms, file smooth, and sand with a 600 grit polishing cloth.
- Use a dapping block to gently dome the moon charms.
- Soft solder each moon charm to a round filigree. Clean with dish soap and water, and dry. (You can also substitute two-part epoxy for solder. Patina parts before gluing.)
- Patina each moon and polish to desired finish.
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean parts to be assembled and adhere with adhesive dots or two-part epoxy.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-402-0 Charm, Moon & Stars, Solid, 20x17mm
- 1 doz [use 2] #30-292-6 Cuff Link, 15mm Pad
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-154-6 Filigree, Round
- 1 ea #69-052 Flux, Stay-Clean Liquid - 4 oz
- 1 ea #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- 1 ea #69-068 Solder, Choice™
- Optional: Two-part Epoxy
- #63-537 Polishing Cloth, Brilliant
- #69-257-0600 Polishing Paper, Wetordry™, 600 Grit
- #69-417 Soldering Iron, Hakko®, 60W
- #69-199 Tool, Dapping Block & Punches, 8 Punches
- #69-252-01-4 Tool, Flat File, 6", #4 Cut
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-375 Tool, Simply Swank, Heat Proof Solder Mat
- 10mm round 2-sided adhesive dot
- Dish soap
- Rubbing alcohol
- Paper towels