Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Glue crystal rivolis into settings. Create divots in a piece of scrap Styrofoam, to allow settings to dry flat.
- Create wrapped loops (or simple loops) with the pearl peards, and attach all components with jump rings. For step-by-step instructions on creating loops, and best way to open and close loops, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Make sure the chain isn't twisted, and space your "one sided" components carefully, so they all face the same direction.
A note about Sorority and Fraternity Jewelry:
Just like with NFL and Disney themed jewelry and products, there are very strict licensing rules about selling jewelry, T-Shirts, etc. that is for any particular Greek organization. So, you don't want to design a product line based on your local college's biggest sorority without getting an official license from the license holder -- and those licenses aren't cheap!
However, they all agree that you are welcome to make your own items by hand, for non-commercial use. You can make sorority-themed items and give them as gifts, or for your own personal use; you just aren't allowed to sell them for profit.
- 1 dozen (use 1 piece) #40-415-02-4 Gold Plated Oval Cable Chain Bracelet with Toggle, 7.5"
- 3 each #49-958-68-02-AG TierraCast Antiqued Gold Plated Greek Letter Delta Charm- no longer in production; get them while you can!
- 2 each #01-122-14-439 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli Stone, 14mm - Crystal Royal Blue Lacquer
- 2 each #01-122-14-22 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli Stone, 14mm - Topaz - other bright yellow options linked at bottom of parts-list.
- 1 strand (use 7 pieces) #05-810-05-241ST Swarovski 5810 Round Pearl Beads, 5mm - Pearlescent White
- 4 each #41-862-04-14-4 Swarovski Setting for 14mm 1122 Rivoli Stone, With Loop - Gold Plated
- 1 ounce (use 7 pieces) #37-422-2 Yellow Plated Head Pin, 2", Standard
- 1 ounce (use 7 pieces) #37-145-2 Yellow Plated Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 set #60-230 Adhesive, Epoxy, 330
- #69-056 EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-02 Wubbers Round-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #65-010 EURO TOOL Jewelry Pliers, Crimping, Standard, 5"" (optional, to help tuck the final wire of each wrapped loop snugly into place)
- Mixing Stick (toothpick, coffee stir stick, etc.)
- Scrap Cardboard