Whether you run a jewelry-making business, or you're making a special gift for yourself or a loved one, here you can find the perfect combination of shapes, sizes and stones to help you create specialty chakra pendants, bracelets and necklaces.
Although each chakra is associated with a specific color and concept, the gemstones or crystals themselves can vary. Qualities to consider when choosing chakra stones or healing crystals are the color, any energetic qualities you want to focus on, and the personal or intuitive resonance you feel when you consider each type of stone.
While gemstone beads are more traditional, you might also like the simplicity and vivid color of crystal beads and pendants, which provide a perfect rainbow of consistent color and sizes.
Chakra Stones & ColorsChakra mixes conveniently have all 7 colors on one strand, making it easy to create yoga bracelets, energy bracelets, rainbow pendants, and other chakra jewelry without a lot of searching. Our mixes include classic high-polished round beads, as well as faceted and matte options. However, chakra mixes are just one set of possibilities -- read on for more possibilities for each chakra.
To make one of the most popular styles of chakra bracelets, string 6mm or 8mm round gemstone beads in the 7 colors of your choice on stretchy cord, and fill the remainder of the bracelet with wood or black gemstone beads for grounding, and secure the cord with a knot (square knot, surgeon’s knot, or a few over-hand knots). You can make a symmetrical pattern, use spacer beads, or simply make a single rainbow of 7 colors. Once you select your beads, follow the instructions for this beaded Yoga bracelet, to create the bracelet itself. (more projects below)
Root Chakra (Red): The root chakra is the foundation, and represents survival and security.
- Gemstones for the root chakra include red gemstones such as Garnet, Ruby, Red Jasper, and Carnelian, as well as stones associated with the circulatory system, like Bloodstone, Hematite, and Pyrite.
Black Tourmaline, Sardonyx, Red Creek Jasper and Chili Jasper are less common (and not always available), but attractive options.
- Crystal: Siam crystal is a beautiful true red (and translucent red glass beads also go by the name Siam).
Sacral Chakra (Orange): The second chakra is about creativity in all its forms -- including creating art and jewelry!
- Gemstone options for the sacral chakra include Carnelian, Tiger's Eye, Agate, Quartz, Red Aventurine, Calcite, Moonstone, and Rutilated Quartz.
- Crystal: Hyacinth and Sun are energetic, cheery orange options.
Solar Plexus Chakra (Yellow): - The solar plexus chakra is associated with willpower and energy.
- Gemstone options include Topaz, Citrine, Crazy Lace Agate, Yellow Diamond, Yellow Jade, and Opal.
- Crystal: Topaz and Citrine include many options from sunny citrine to sultry smoked topaz.
Heart Chakra (Green): - The heart chakra is associated with love, and is the bridge between the lower (material) chakras and the upper (spirituality) chakras.
- Gemstone options for the heart chakra include green gemstones such as Emerald, Peridot, Jade, Green Aventurine, and Green Tourmaline, pink gemstones like Rose Quartz, and Ruby, and mixed Tourmaline (which contains shades of both pink and green).
- Crystal: When choosing crystal colors for the heart chakra, peridot and rose are the two most popular options, followed by emerald.
Throat Chakra (Blue or Turquoise): - The throat chakra is associated with communication, self-expression and truth.
- Gemstone options for the throat chakra are Chalcedony, Aquamarine, Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli, Apatite, Sodalite, Chrysocolla.
- Crystal: Aquamarine is the most popular crystal option.
Brow Chakra (Indigo): - The brow (or pineal or third eye) chakra is associated with wisdom and intuition.
- Gemstone options for the third eye chakra include Sapphire, Tanzanite, Iolite, Lapis Lazuli, Dumortierite, Soapstone, and Cacoxenite.
- Crystal: It's tough to choose between Tanzanite and Sapphire.
Crown Chakra (Violet or Multicolored): - The Crown chakra is associated with spiritual connection and pure consciousness.
- Gemstone options for the crown chakra are Amethyst, Alexandrite, Cacoxenite, Clear Quartz (Rock Crystal), Selenite, Fire Opal, Labradorite, and Larvikite.
- Crystal: Without a doubt, Amethyst is the go-to deep purple crystal color!
Clear crystal and crystal AB are also popular options for the crown chakra.
Why are some stones listed for more than one chakra? Gemstones vary in color, so some gemstones -- Carnelian and Red Jasper, for example -- may be more orange or more red, depending on where they were mined or how they were treated, and some strands of Jasper have beads of almost every hue.
See Also: More Ways to Personalize Jewelry:
Jewelry Ideas / Tutorials