Created by: Cindy Morris
- Close the hoop. Lash the rhinestone chain onto the hoop using Artistic Wire, wrapping around the hoop twice between each link of chain.
- Start and end the chain over the opening of the (now closed) hoop. Trim ends when done.
- The last link on each end will not lie quite flat, so tie the lark’s head knot over this spot to hide them.
- Make sure your cord lengths are equal before attaching cord ends and clasp.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos
- Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet (PDF)
- Blog post: Wire lashing: an easy way to cover your jewelry with beads or bling!
- 1 ea [use 14"] #46-454-00-12 Artistic Wire®, 24ga, Assorted Colors
- 1 meter [use 22 links] #46-349-25-042-3 Glass Rhinestone Chain, 2.5mm
- 1 gross [use 1] #42-211-3 1" Manipulating Hoop or if you prefer a thicker center, try a Drop Hoop
- 1 gross [use 1] #39-190-15-3 15mm Toggle Clasp
- 1 gross [use 2] #41-254-1 Crimp, Fold Over, Medium
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-136-3 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 spool [use 18-20"] #61-061-02 Waxed Cotton Cord, 1mm, 36yd - Black
or 1 spool [use 18-20"] #61-749-12-02 2mm Black Satin Cord