Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Use 7 coils of anklet size to make this bracelet bangle. You can adjust the size of wire and numbers of coils any way you wish.
- Do not use your favorite jewelry cutter on memory wire. (Use a heavy duty cutter rated for steel wire.)
- This free-form design features the beads listed, in a randomly appealing manner. Add as many or as few beads as you would like to create your own custom bangle.
- A loop at each end keeps the beads on the wire and provides a nice way to attach a few dangles. We recommend memory-wire bending pliers so you don't damage other round-nose pliers.
- This design includes a few handmade beads, circle coils, wire nests, and rolled tubes. These are all simple to make using scraps and a dash of patina. (Miscellaneous scraps from metal stamping projects gone awry, coil nicely into tubes).
For similar styles of beads, or other colors of any of these beads, click into the "Related Products" of the item.
- Handmade Tube Beads: Cut sheet metal in a small, elongated, triangle no longer than 0.50" long and 0.25" wide. File rough edges if necessary. Beginning at wide end, coil around round nose pliers, bail-making pliers, or mandrel pliers, rotating to ensure uniform shape. Use flat-nose pliers to tighten tube. Patina if desired.
If using left-over stamping blanks and stamped bits of sheet, add more texturing if desired, before cutting or coiling.
- Handmade Nested Beads (also known as birds-nest beads) : Use a short piece of 14-gauge wire as a mandrel, and wrap the 24-gauge wire snugly around it to form the base, then in a progressively more loose manner until you have a bead the size and style you prefer. Remove from the mandrel to cut and file wire ends. Patina if desired.
- Handmade Coil: Wrap wire snugly around a 14-gauge mandrel to desired length. Remove from mandrel to cut and file ends. Patina if desired.
- Wrapped Loop Bead Dangles for ends: See Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet (PDF)
- 1 gross #26-463-7 Bead, 3mm Round, Corrugated
- 1 pkg of 100 #49-997-03-AB Bead, Cast, Faceted Heishi Spacer, 3mm
- 1 pkg of 100 #49-957-04-7 Bead, Cast, 4mm Heishi
- 1 strand #26-830-9 Bead, Faceted Cube, 2.5mm
- 1 strand #26-840-20-AB Bead, Cornerless Rectangle, 4x5mm
- 1 pkg of 100 #26-155-32-6 Bead, Metal, Rondelle, 3.2mm
- 1 pkg of 100 #26-155-40-9 Bead, Metal, Rondelle, 4mm
- 1 pkg of 100 #49-960-01-AB Bead, Seed
- 1 strand #26-840-15-AB Bead, Triangle Heishi, 4x2mm
- 1 strand #22-311-CU Trade Bead, Copper Heishi
- a few dozen#05-328-04 Faceted 4mm Swarovski Crystal Bicone Beads, in your favorite colors
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 10] #37-091-20-6 Head Pin, 2", Thin, Ball End
- 1 oz [use 6] #37-113-6 Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
- 1 oz [use 7 coils] #61-167 Memory Wire Coil, Anklet, 0.025", 1oz
- 1 pkg of 6 [use 1] #64-981-24-50 Sheet, 24 Gauge, 6x0.5"
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- 1 ea #47-009-26-4 German-Style Gold Color Wire, 26-gauge
- 1 spool [use 3"] #47-405-14 Wire, Copper, 14ga, Round, 20'