Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Cut bezel strip to size (one 8-12" piece) and flatten/ work harden with nylon hammer.
- Add texture to both sides of bezel strip with texture stamping hammer and included "sprinkles" design stamp. (The wire may distort somewhat. Don’t be concerned, this will not be noticeable at the end.)
- Cut textured bezel strip in half.
- If you don’t have a tumbler, use Novacan to antique the wire at this step, and polish the high points with steel wool.
- Wrap 1 textured strip around the larger jaw of the bail-making pliers at an angle. Wrap away from the handles of the pliers to allow room for the wire to coil without interference. Try to keep the wire wrapping at the same angle. Repeat with other strip.
- Compare coil lengths. Adjust by hand (push coils closer or pull further apart) as needed for similar shape and length. Try to make the top and bottom of each coil match by ending in the same position. Trim if necessary. File the cut ends to remove sharp edges and points.
- Punch a hole at both ends of each coil.
- Antique the wire coils with Novacan, and rinse.
- Add coils, shot, shinebrite and water to tumbler barrel. Tumble for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Rinse and dry.
- Attach earwire to one end of each spiral, and crystal pendant to the other end. (Check that the crystals are hanging the same direction.) For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- 1 each (use about 12") #64-992-32 EURO TOOL Red Brass Bezel Wire, 3/16" x 10'
- 1 pair #34-063-41 Bronze Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 2 each #06-430-08-02 Swarovski 6430 Classic Cut Pendant, 8mm - Crystal AB
- 1 oz (use 2 each) #37-113-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
- 1 gross (use 2 each) #33-961 Clear Rubber Earring Backs, Wire Keeper
- 1 #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- #69-633 EURO TOOL ProShear
- #69-341 EURO TOOL Hammer, Nylon Wedge
- #69-303 ImpressArt Texture Stamping Hammer
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- #69-252-01-2 Tool, Flat File, 6", #2 Cut
- #69-275-21 Wubbers Medium Round Jewelry Bail Making Pliers
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-281 Rock and Metal Tumbler, 3lb Capacity
- #69-355-08 ShineBrite, for Tumbler, 8 oz.
- #69-282 EURO TOOL Stainless Shot, 2lb
- #69-238 EURO TOOL Hole Punch, Round, 1.5mm hole
- Paper Towels
- Rinse Water
- (Optional if no tumbler: Steel Wool)