Remember Murphy's Law!
Before oxidizing, antiquing or otherwise applying any chemical to every piece of your best customer's 1,000-piece order, we strongly recommend that you test the chemical(s) on a small sample of the goods.
- Oxidizing Tips
- Always work in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing.
- Make sure your metal is clean, dry (and warm if using Win-Ox™).
- Dip your piece directly into the oxidizer or apply with a brush.
- Optional: after rinsing and drying the metal, buff gently to create antiqued crevices and shiny high points.
- For safety and consistent results, antique your components before assembling, especially when creating items from mixed metals. Each metal reacts differently to each oxidizing solution, and some reactions involving multiple metals are hazardous or unpredictable.
See Related Products links (below) for similar items and additional jewelry-making supplies that are often used with this item.