Victoria - Etched Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Summer Melaas
- Etch earrings (See etching tutorial below).
- Place cushion in cushion setting and fold over tabs using nylon-jaw pliers or a burnisher.
- Attach French hooks to top of cushion.
For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Attach etched copper drop to bottom of cushion.
- 1 pair #34-003-8 TierraCast Earring Hook Findings, Niobium - Bronze and Copper Color
- 2 each #41-878-51-10-7 Antiqued Copper Plated 2-Loop Bezel Setting for 10mm 4470 Cushion Squares
- 2 each #04-470-10-438 Swarovski 4470 Cushion Square Stone, 10mm - Crystal Ivory Cream Lacquer
- 2 each #44-780-84 Copper Stamping Blank, 32x13mm Decorative Drop w/Loop, 24-gauge
- 1 each #86-280-01 Ferric Chloride
- #69-271-91 Nylon-Jaw Pliers - or - #69-101 Burnisher
- Basic set of jewelry pliers
- Plastic tub to hold the etching solution. See other supplies listed in the free Etching Technique Sheet linked above, or in our DIY Copper Etching blog article.