Unfurled Copper and Oval Gemstone Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Since the gemstones are fairly heavy, use two crimp beads for extra security. Flatten crimps with flat-nose pliers.
- Use two jump rings for the "S" hook to connect to both for style and extra security.
- Vary chain length and stringing pattern as desired.
- Placing the clasp to one side rather than the back makes it easier to close for some people.
One or more parts (or tools) used in this project are temporarily out of production (TOP). We are actively looking for replacements, and hope to have good subs for the missing parts, available SOON!
- 1 strand [use 6] #21-000-194-83 Bead, Gemstone, 18x25mm Puffed Oval
- 1 gross [use 12] #26-473-7 Bead, 3mm Cornerless Cube
- 1 strand [use 5] #26-812-005 Bead, Copper, Marquise
- 1 strand [use 24] #26-840-10-AC Bead, Brass, Barrel Heishi, 3mm
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-167-7 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm
- 1 ea #39-890-02 Copper Clasp, "S" Hook
- 1 spool [use 5.5"] #40-099-15-7 Chain, Footage, Rollo, 3.9mm
- 1 0.1 oz [use 4] #41-256-51-8 Crimp Bead, Smooth, "Size 1"
- 1 spool [use 13"] #61-773-49-75 Soft Flex® Wire, 0.019", 49 strand, 30'
- #69-270-99 Tool, Lindstrom® Four-Piece Set