U Look Good in Pink Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- The "back" of the U shaped connector is lashed to in this design, because it has a channel that helps to hold the beads in place.
- Check the spacing of the beads prior to starting this project to determine the best pattern to use.
- See Wire Lashing blog article for tips on successful wire lashing. Use at least 2 wraps between each bead to keep everything nicely in place.
- Use jump rings to attach rollo chain to U-shaped link, and to clasp at desired length. For most secure way way to open and close jump rings, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- 1 each #88-400-003-4 58x50mm Pewter Connector, Large U-Shape Link - Satin Gold Plated
- 1 dozen #05-040-06-175 Swarovski 5040 Briolette Beads (Rondelles), 6mm - Rose Water Opal
- 5 each #26-750-34-AG TierraCast Dotted 7mm Spacer Bead - Antiqued Gold Plated
- 2 feet #40-090-15-4 Gold Plated Rollo Chain by the FOOT, 3.9mm
- 1 package (use 3 ft) #47-009-22-4 German Style Round Wire, 22-gauge - Gold Color
- 1 dozen (use 1) #39-343-4 Gold Plated Lobster Clasp, 12mm
- 1 ounce (use 4) #37-100-2 Yellow Plated Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes
- #69-056 EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-02 Wubbers Round-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.