The Places You'll Go - Graduation Necklace
Created by: Janet Boyington
- Stamp "oh, the places you'll go!" phrase around the edge, and then stamp North Star design in center. See Metal Stamping 101 (PDF) for step-by-step stamping instructions.
- Dome the disk. See blog post: How to dap and dome.
- Open one end of chain, the same way you open a jump ring, and connect ends to make an endless chain necklace.
For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
One or more parts (or tools) used in this project are temporarily out of production (TOP). We are actively looking for replacements, and hope to have good subs for the missing parts, available SOON!Tips, Continued
- Use a cotton swab or soft cloth to apply Novacan to copper disk, and allow to dry.
- Polish disk to a high shine with Ultra Polishing Pad. (Polish year charm, too, if desired.)
- Punch small hole in disk, and use 1 large jump ring to add domed disk, year charm, and tassel in desired order to chain.
- Note: The EURO TOOL "helicopter" style punch will give you years of smooth holes and dependable service if you use it correctly. See instructions in the "Learn More" tab of the hole punch.
- 1 each #44-780-71 Copper Blank, 32mm Round, 24-gauge
- 1 ten-pack (use 1 piece) #37-295-680 Sterling Silver Jump Ring, Round - 8mm, 18-gauge
- 1 each #61-460-20-02 Sterling Silver Jump Ring, Round - 8mm, 18-gauge
- 1 each #44-553-18 Sterling Silver 21mm 2018 Charm - Horizontal
- 2 feet #40-090-15-7 Antiqued Copper Plated Rollo Chain by the FOOT, 3.9mm
- 1 each #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- 1 20-pack #63-528 Ultra Polish Pads
- #69-240-6030 The BeadSmith 3mm (1/8") Lowercase Gothic Alphabet (Letter) Metal Stamps Set, 27 Piece
- #69-245-164 ImpressArt Metal Stamp, Compass
- #69-246-10 EURO TOOL 1/8" (3mm) Punctuation Metal Stamps Set, 12 Piece with Wood Organizer
- #69-235 EURO TOOL Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-199 EURO TOOL Dapping Block & Punches, 8 Punches