Tanzanite Bloom Necklace Tutorial
Swarovski's lovely little Tanzanite starbloom stone is perfect for the beginning of spring -- or for December birthdays. This 13mm crystal may be small, but its sparkle is MIGHTY.
Swarovski's starbloom setting is petite and sweet to match the stone, but has one "small" problem ... the hole size is equally petite and doesn't fit the TierraCast bails I was planning on using.
Figure-8 connector to the rescue! This humble finding is more secure than a jump ring, and makes a nice bail.
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Set crystal in setting and use chain-nose pliers to carefully squeeze down each prong.
- Twist open the small loop of the figure-8 finding, add the crystal setting, and securely twist the loop closed.
- Slide larger loop over the chain of your choice, or open it to attach to a specific link or other finding.
- 1 each #04-754-13-44 Swarovski 4754 Starbloom Fancy Stone, 13mm - Tanzanite
- 1 each #41-862-04-13-1 Swarovski Setting for 13mm 4754 Starbloom Fancy Stone, with Loop - Rhodium Plated
- 1 gross (use 1 piece) #43-009-1 White Plated Jewelry Connector, Figure 8
- 1 each #50-408 Sterling Silver Fine Long & Short Chain Necklace, 18" (or other necklace chain of your choice)
- 69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry-Making Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.