Sweet Skull Pendant Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Using ball-end head pins, make 8 beaded loop dangles in flowery colors. Use one metal rondelle on each side of the crystal bead for fuller dangles. Wrapped loops will add additional length.
- For step-by-step instructions for making beaded loop dangles, as well as the best way to open and close jump rings, see Jewelry Basics 101 (free download below).
- Use a small circle stamp, to stamp a pattern in the border of the round pewter blank. Fill center with sugar skull and flower.
- New to stamping? See Metal Stamping 101 (free download below) for step-by-step tutorial.
- Use 2 jump rings at the top of the floral connector, and one jump ring at the bottom, to attach all components together.
- Slide bail onto chain of your choice.
- 1 each #49-951-14-5 JBB Findings Antiqued Silver Plated Jewelry Connector, Floral Vine
- 1 each #44-741-58 ImpressArt Pewter Blank, Round with Border - Large
- 1 100 (use 16 beads) #26-155-32-3 Silver Plated Metal Beads, Rondelle, 3.2mm
- 1 72-pack (use 8 beads) #05-040-06-00 Swarovski 5040 Briolette Beads, (Rondelle) 6mm - Color Mix
- 1 gross (use 1 each) #41-248-3 Silver Plated Necklace Bail, 6x3mm
- 1 oz (use 3 each) #37-100-3 Silver Plated Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes
- 1 100 (use 8 each) #37-091-15-3 Silver Plated Ball End Head Pin, Thin, 1.5"
- #69-245-239 ImpressArt Metal Stamp, Sugar Skull
- #69-246-21 The BeadSmith Metal Stamp, Nature Set
- #69-246-25 The BeadSmith Metal Stamp, Circle Set
- #86-431-11-001 ImpressArt Stamp Enamel Marker - Black
- #69-385 ImpressArt Metal Stamping Hammer, Stubby
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- #69-056 EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-02 Wubbers Round-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- Baby Wipes (to wipe off excess stamp enamel after approx. 60 seconds)