Super Worm Moon - Earrings Tutorial
These earrings were made in celebration of the Full "Worm" Moon that coincides with the Spring Equinox this year.
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Emboss the Vintaj Artisan Pewter Blanks with DecoEmboss design of your choice (for step-by-step illustrations, see link below).
- Use Novacan Black Patina to darken the embossed pewter blanks. Polish the high points with a 3M sanding sponge and ultra polishing pad.
- Use Novacan Black Patina to antique the brass moon charms. Polish high points with an ultra polishing pad.
- Clean the star area of the moon charm with rubbing alcohol on a paper towel.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions for mixing the two-part adhesive.
- Use the two-part epoxy to adhere one Xirius Rose flat-back crystal to each moon charm. Set aside until cured.
- Twist open earring loop and add the adorned moon charm and embossed pewter charm. Twist loop closed.
Links to (Free) Step-by-Step Illustrations:Suggested Supplies
- 1 6-pack (use 2 pieces) #02-078-34-477 Swarovski 34ss Lavender DeLite 2078 Xirius Rose Flat-Back Crystals, Hotfix
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #44-402-0 Brass Charm, Moon & Stars, Solid, 20x17mm
- 2 each #88-202-10-0 Vintaj Artisan Pewter Blank, Round, 25mm
- 1 pair #34-042-0-AB TierraCast Niobium Earring Hooks w/ Round and Heishi Beads, Raw/ Gold-Fill/ Antique Brass
- 1 each #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- 1 each #60-290 RBC Adhesive, 5-Minute Epoxy Cement
- #69-500 Sizzix Big Shot Jewelry Studio Machine
- #69-325-006 Vintaj DecoEmboss,Die, Moonlit Night
- #69-118 Rubber Bench Block, 4x4x1"
- #69-257-0004 3M Sanding Sponges, 800-1000 Grit
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-275-58 Baby Wubbers Flat-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-59 Baby Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- rubbing alcohol
- paper towels
- disposable work surface for patina
- disposable work surface for glue
- mixing stick and glue applicator