Subtle Sparkle Earrings Tutorial
These earrings are extremely light weight, but provide a lot of impact.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Cut chain to desired length. I used two sections of 2" and two sections of 2.5"
- To easily cut chain to equal lengths, run a pin or wire through the last link of desired length chain and of remaining chain section, hold upright and easily see which link to cut.
- Add bead and bead cap to head pin, and wire wrap directly to chain. I used "messy" wrapped loops on these dangles.
- Twist open loop on earwire and add chain dangles and acetate drop in desired order; close loop by twisting shut.
- For basic wire-wrapping instructions and more, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
Since Swarovski has departed the DIY market, their sparkling briolettes are no longer available but we have many faceted gemstones that would be great substitutions!
- 2 each #88-440-006-904 Acetate Open Teardrop Charm, 31x22mm - Light Tortoise
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-040-06-24 Swarovski 5040 Briolette Beads, (Rondelle) 6mm - Jet
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-040-06-150 Swarovski 5040 Briolette Beads, (Rondelle) 6mm - Golden Shadow
- 1 pair #34-063-41 Bronze Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 1 pair #33-960 Wire Keepers, white
- 1 ten (use 4 caps) #88-100-01-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Bead Caps, Daisy, 6mm
- 1 foot (use 9") #40-011-001-6-FT Antique Brass Color Cable Chain by the FOOT, 2.2mm
- 1 hundred (use 4 pins) #37-091-20-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Ball End Head Pin, Thin, 2"
- #69-056 EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- #65-010 Tool, Pliers, Crimping, 5"
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-02 Wubbers Round-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.