Subtle Sparkle Earrings Tutorial
These earrings are extremely light weight, but provide a lot of impact.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Cut chain to desired length. I used two sections of 2" and two sections of 2.5"
- To easily cut chain to equal lengths, run a pin or wire through the last link of desired length chain and of remaining chain section, hold upright and easily see which link to cut.
- Add bead and bead cap to head pin, and wire wrap directly to chain. I used "messy" wrapped loops on these dangles.
- Twist open loop on earwire and add chain dangles and acetate drop in desired order; close loop by twisting shut.
- For basic wire-wrapping instructions and more, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- 2 each #88-440-006-904 Acetate Open Teardrop Charm, 31x22mm - Light Tortoise
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-040-06-24 Swarovski 5040 Briolette Beads, (Rondelle) 6mm - Jet
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-040-06-150 Swarovski 5040 Briolette Beads, (Rondelle) 6mm - Golden Shadow
- 1 pair #34-063-41 Bronze Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 1 ten (use 4 caps) #88-100-01-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Bead Caps, Daisy, 6mm
- 1 foot (use 9") #40-090-13-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Cable Chain by the FOOT, 2.1mm
- 1 hundred (use 4 pins) #37-091-20-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Ball End Head Pin, Thin, 2"
- #69-056 EURO TOOL Side Flush Cutter
- #65-010 Tool, Pliers, Crimping, 5"
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-02 Wubbers Round-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.