Simple Elegance Leverback Earrings
Created by: Rings & Things Staff
- Use rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab to clean the Swarovski crystal rivolis and rivoli settings.
- Squeeze a small amount of glue onto a scrap piece of cardboard. Mix thoroughly with a toothpick. Follow package directions for quantity and timing.
- Use the toothpick to scoop a little glue into a setting, and spread it around. Cover it evenly, but fairly thin, or glue will ooze out messily. Add the rivoli.
- Repeat for other earring.
- For tips on using and selecting the best glue, see Gluing Hints for Metal Findings (PDF).
- Allow to dry, preferably in a flat position. Keep an eye on the earrings to make sure the crystal doesn't slide out of place while the glue is setting up.
- 1 5-pair pack [use 1 pair] #34-180-12 Stainless Steel Leverback Ear Wire, 12mm Rivoli Setting
- 2 each #01-122-12-01 Swarovski 1122 Rivoli Stone, 12mm - Crystal
- 1 pack #60-215-100 Swarovski 2-Part Epoxy
- Toothpick (for stirring the adhesive)
- Rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab or cotton ball for cleaning the components
- If you have a left-over piece of styrofoam, cut slices in it, so you can set the earrings flat to dry.