Shining Stars Lashed Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- For a step-by-step tutorial with images, check out the How to make Lashed Kidney Wire Earrings blog post.
- Choose two matching rivoli stones from the assortment. This design uses two 14mm Light Colorado Topaz rivolis (perfect for November birthdays).
- Insert a rivoli stone in a setting and use round-nose pliers to pinch the setting closed.
- Straighten the bend in the ear wire tail.
- Cut a 4" section of 26-gauge wire and make three tight coils on the kidney wire near the loop. Use semi-flush side cutters to cut the beginning wire section off flush with the kidney wire.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- Add a crystal bicone bead to the kidney wire. Pull the wire across the bead and add three more tight coils.
- Repeat with two more bicone beads; add a final three coils and cutting the tail off flush with the kidney wire.
- Add the rivoli setting to the kidney wire and use round-nose pliers to crimp the loop closed.
- Repeat to make the second earring.
- 1 pkg [use two 4" pieces gold color] #46-456-00-12 Artistic Wire®, 26ga, Silver Plated, Sampler Pack
- 2 each #46-309-141-5 Bezel, for 14mm Rivoli, 1 Loop
- 1 gross [use 6] #05-328-04-912 Crystal Jams™ Assortment, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 tray of 36 [use 2] #01-122-14-00 Crystal, Stone, Rivoli, 14mm, Assortment
- 1 0.5 gtoss [use 2] #34-174-3 Kidney Wire, 37mm
- #69-271-91 Tool, Glitter, Nylon Jaw, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-02 Tool, Glitter, Round-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-05 Tool, Glitter, Semi-Flush Side Cutter