Sacred Curling Stone Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Use 6 wavy disks to create domed bead caps to fit the rotund trade beads. Flatten the rest with a nylon hammer to create 12mm brass heishi.
- String the beads on the stretch cord in a symmetric design. For visual interest, use varying diameters of plastic and metal heishi.
- Cut the cord so you have about 2" extra at each end.
- Tie a surgeon’s knot next to one of the rotund trade beads. They have larger holes and you can hide the knot in the hole. When knotting, pull cord tight. You don't want any visible slack, but you also don't want the bracelet to bunch up.
- For security, use double jump rings to attach the lotus pendant (31mm pendant no longer available, see 19mm charm linked below).
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 strand [use 24] #26-818-216 Bead, Wavy Disk, 12mm
- 1 spool [use 10-12"] #61-078-05 Cord, Stretch Magic®, 1mm, 5m
- 1 each #88-801-05-0 Nina Designs Natural Bronze Lotus Flower Pendant (31mm size pictured is no longer available. Suggested sub: 19x15mm version.)
- 1 strand [use 18] #22-535-SM Trade Bead, Plastic Heishi, Vulcanite, 4-7mm (not always available -- see full color range of Vulcanite beads here.)
- 1 strand [use 36] #22-535-87 Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 10mm - Old Ivory Color
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-136-0 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-167-0 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm
- 1 strand [use 6] #22-519-80 Trade Bead, Powder Glass, Rotund
- 1 strand [use 120] #22-535-82 Trade Bead, Vinyl, Heishi, 10mm
- #69-330 Pad for Bench Block
- #69-199 Tool, Dapping Block & Punches, 8 Punches
- #69-271-06 Tool, Glitter, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-345 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 2lb
- #69-108 Tool, Steel Square Block, 2.3"