Patterned Wire Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Measure, mark and cut patterned wire to desired length.
- File ends smooth with slightly rounded corners.
- Use nylon hammer and metal block to flatten pieces if needed.
- Mark locations for rivet and eyelets on wire, and punch holes. Rivet size is 1/16" and eyelet size is 3/32".
- Use these hole locations, to mark hole locations on the disks. Punch holes.
- Optional: Antique if desired before assembling!
- Match up holes sizes on disk and wire pieces, and set rivets and eyelets.
- French hook ear wires with large loops allow the pieces to dangle freely. (This ear wire is out of production - we're looking for replacements.)
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #69-920-01-2 Crafted Findings Brass Rivet, 1/16", Sample Pack, Short
- 1 pkg of 120 [use 2] #69-952-01-2 Crafted Findings Brass Eyelet, 3/32", Assorted
- 1 dozen [use 2] #44-499-0 Disk, Round, 25mm, 1 Side Scored
- 1 each [cut two 25mm pieces] #47-499-12 EURO TOOL Copper Wire w/ Scroll Pattern, 16g
- 1 gross [use 2] #34-227-8 Stainless Steel Ear Wire, French Hook w/ 7mm Loop and Copper Plated Ball (Limited Availability)
- #69-907 Crafted Findings 1/16" Long Reach Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-911 Crafted Findings 3/32" Long Reach Eyelet Flaring Set
- #69-912 Crafted Findings 3/32" Long Reach Piercing Set
- #69-251-PL EURO TOOL File Handle, Plastic
- #69-252-01-2 EURO TOOL Flat File, 6", #2 Cut
- #69-341 Nylon Hammer
- #69-230 EURO TOOL Shear, 7"
- #69-123 EURO TOOL Combo Bench Block
- Sharpie, Extra Fine Point