Owl Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Kameron Fox
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Brush the owls with steel wool.
- Use a fine paintbrush to apply inks to the surface of the owls, starting with the pitch black color.
- Let the ink dry, steel wool, then apply the other colors to achieve the desired look.
- You can apply the alcohol blending solution to fix mistakes before the inks dry and re-apply.
- Seal the colorized components before assembling.
- 1 ea #86-110-011 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink (Butterscotch)
- 1 ea #86-110-008 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink (Meadow)
- 1 ea #86-110-012 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink (Pitch Black)
- 1 ea #86-110-001 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink (Stream)
- 1 ea #86-919-02 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink Blending Solution
- 2 ea #44-820-08 Charm, Cast, Owl (Pewter)
- 1 ea #82-525-12 EnviroTex® Spray Sealer, 12.5oz
- 1 gr [use 2] #34-223-9 French Hook Ear Wire, 4mm Loop (Surgical Stainless Steel/ Gunmetal)
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-145-9 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm (Black Gunmetal)
- 0000 Steel wool (from hardware supplier)
- Fine tip paintbrush