Open Heart Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
Free Detailed Techniques & How-Tos: Continued Below...
- Stamp the front piece. Flatten.
- Antique the doors and wire with Win-Ox™, and clean with steel wool.
- Clean the back piece with rubbing alcohol.
- Decoupage or seal an image or pretty paper onto the back piece – allow to dry.
- Punch holes in doors.
- Make a double wrapped loop with 20-gauge wire to hang pendant from ball chain.
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #88-100-05-0 Bead Cap, Foliage, 8mm (Natural Brass)
- 1 pkg of 10 pair [use 1 pair] #44-721-03 Blank, Rectangular Door with Heart-Shaped Window (Raw Brass)
- 1 spool [use 20"] #40-881-7 Chain, Footage, Ball, 2.4mm, 100ft (Antiqued Copper Plated)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #40-801-7 Clasp, Ball Chain, 1.8-2.4mm (Antiqued Copper Plated)
- 1 doz [use 1] #05-040-08-405 Crystal, Bead, Puffed Rondelle, 8mm (Crystal/ Bronze Shade)
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- 1 spool [use 3"] #47-405-20 Wire, Copper, 20ga, Round, 79' (Solid Copper)
- #69-244-97 Tool, 1/8" Stamp Set, Lowercase, Economy
- #69-135 Tool, Hammer, Ballpeen, 4oz
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-342 Tool, Mallet, Plastic
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- 0000 steel wool
- Copyright-free image or design
- Cotton swabs
- Mod Podge or other sealer
- Rubbing alcohol