Nutty Buddy Earrings Tutorial
January 21 is Squirrel Appreciation day in the United States - Celebrate these nutty little creatures with us!
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Emboss the round blanks with a squirrel image (follow the manufacturer's instructions for use of the Big Shot Machine or Rings & Things blog post).
- Place the embossed blanks on the rubber block and polish the high points with the reliefing block. Use a EuroTool polishing pad to create a mirror finish.
- Attach the finished squirrel charm to the loop of the eye pin. For best way to open and close loops, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- String the following beads on:
8mm round gemstone bead,
brass bead cap,
6mm Swarovski bicone bead,
4mm Swarovski bicone bead, and
3mm brass fluted hogan bead.
Free Technique Sheets and Articles (no blinkin ads, and no login required):Designer Tips, Continued:
- Finish the beaded eye pin with a wrapped loop. (See Jewelry Basics 101)
- Attach the wrapped loop to the earwire loop.
- 1 pair #88-102-03-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Blank, Round, 25mm
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #21-888-125 African Turquoise Gemstone Beads, Round, 8mm
- 1 ten (use 2 pieces #88-100-05-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Bead Caps, Foliage, 8mm
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-328-06-150 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 6mm - Golden Shadow
- 1 dozen (use 2 beads) #05-328-04-75 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 4mm - Black Diamond AB
- 1 gross (use 2 beads) #26-453-6 3mm Fluted Hogan Beads - Antiqued Brass Plated
- 1 pair #34-063-41 Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 1 ounce (use 2 pieces) #37-722-6 Antiqued Brass Eye Pin, 2", Standard
- #69-500 Sizzix Big Shot Jewelry Studio Machine
- #69-325-011 Vintaj DecoEmboss Die, Acorn Hollow
- #69-327 Vintaj Metal Reliefing Block
- #69-118 Rubber Bench Block, 4x4x1"
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set