Moonrise Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Summer Melaas and Janet Boyington
- Stretch and wax 1 yard of thread.
- Using a size 12 needle, add Delica beads to the charm following the instructions in the free printable PDFs below.
- Cut eleven 1.25 - 1.5" sections of chain. Make 10 wire-wrapped links (with one labradorite bead on each), and wire-wrap these links directly to the chain sections, creating a 19.5" beaded chain.
- Cut two approximately 3.25" sections of chain. String remaining labradorite beads onto Soft Flex wire, and crimp the ends directly to one end of each chain piece.
- Use a jump ring to connect the chain ends to the clasp. As needed, remove a few chain links next to the clasp, to make the 2 strands the same length.
- Place medallion onto the center of the necklace with a jump ring.
Designer Tips, Continued
- These instructions make a 20" necklace. To vary the length, use longer or shorter sections of chain as desired.
- For more details on wire wrapping loops, and using crimp beads, see Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- For more tips on beading with Centerline findings, see free downloadable projects below.
- You'll have plenty of left-over beads of each color after making this project.
- 1 each #30-072-121-1 Centerline Half Moon Bracelet Link, 0.25x1" - Gold Plated
- 1 tube #20-928-1451 Miyuki Delica 11/0 Beads - Pale Cream Opal Silverlined
- 1 tube #20-928-1066 Miyuki Delica 11/0 Beads - Metallic Matte Heather Luster
- 1 tube #20-928-0191 Miyuki Delica 11/0 Beads - Rose Lined
- 1 tube #20-928-0376 Miyuki Delica 11/0 Beads - Metallic Matte Light Grey Blue
- 1 bobbin #61-003 One-G TOHO Nylon Beading Thread, 50 yards, Light Gray
- 1 each #69-022 Beeswax
- #65-000-12 Size 12 Beading Needle
- Wire Cutters
- Crimping Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.