Modern Mosaic Copper Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Follow the manufacturers directions for embossing a pair of Vintaj copper blanks, or view one of our DecoEmbossing blog post tutorials for instructions (links below).
- Use patina to oxidize the embossed copper blanks. Then polish the high points with first a sanding sponge, and then a polishing pad.
- Hang the embossed blank charm on the loop of the eye pin. (See Jewelry Basics 101 below).
- String the beads on in this order: yellow-plated faceted bead, round crystal glass bead, copper bead cap, silver mist jasper bead, copper fluted bead, and yellow-plated faceted bead.
- Finish the end of the eye pin with a wrapped loop.
- Connect the wrapped loop to the ear wire hanging loop.
- Repeat steps 1-4 to make the second earring.
See below for step-by-step Technique Sheets, Blog Tutorials, and Parts List...
Free Technique Sheets & Blog Tutorial Links:Suggested Supplies
- 1 pair #88-102-40-7 Vintaj Artisan Copper Blank, 22.5x12.5mm Rectangle with Loop
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #26-813-114 Copper Beads, Fluted
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #21-888-189 Silver Mist Jasper Gemstone Beads, Round, 8mm
- 1 hundred (use 2 beads) #23-226-042 Czech Glass Bead, Round, 6mm - Crystal
- 1 ounce (use 2 beads) #37-722-7 Antiqued Copper Plated Eye Pin, 2", Standard
- 1 hundred (use 4 beads) #26-150-32-2 Yellow Plated Metal Beads, Faceted, 3.2mm
- 1 ten (use 2) #43-124-AC TierraCast Antiqued Copper Plated Bead Caps, Cast, Talavera 5mm
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #34-533-SF 1/10, Silver-Filled Earring Hook Findings, Economy
- 1 each #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- #69-500 Sizzix Big Shot Jewelry Studio Machine
- #69-325-034 Sizzix DecoEmboss Modern Mosaic Pattern Embossing Die
- #69-257-0005 3M Sanding Sponges, 1200-1500 Grit
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-118 Rubber Bench Block, 4x4x1"
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set