Island Meditation Earrings Tutorial
A perfect pair of earrings to wear while meditating on the beach in Tahiti ... or just dreaming about it. Imagine your earrings gently swinging in the island breeze....
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Cut a length of wire, about 3 feet long. Too much more, and the wire will tangle easily, too much less, and you may run out of wire.
- Anchor wire to hoop and then lash pearls around the edge. Finish hoop with extra lashing at the end. Press beginning and ending lashes in place with pliers.
- Attach charm to the bottom of the hoop with oval jump ring, and attach earwire to top of hoop. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Repeat for other earring.
Need a little help with wire-lashing?Suggested Supplies
- 2 each #49-943-19-AG TierraCast 13mm Lotus Petal Charm - Antiqued Gold Plated
- 2 each #42-240-02-4 TierraCast Medium Wire Hoop Charm Holder - Gold Plated
- 1 hundred (use 2) #37-190-01-4 TierraCast Gold Plated Oval Jump Rings, 17-gauge
- 1 spool (use 6 feet) #47-205-26 Swarovski 5810 Round Pearl Beads, 3mm - Iridescent Tahitian Look
- 1 pair #34-669-04 TierraCast 14kt Gold-Filled Earring Hook with 2mm Bead
- Wire Cutters
- Bent Chain-nose pliers
- Chain-nose pliers