Industrial Ease Earrings Tutorial
Large-hole Pyrite Heishi and 14-gauge iron color Artistic Wire make these industrial-looking earrings a breeze to create.
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Coil wire around largest portion of wrap 'n' tap pliers at least 2-1/2 times.
- Cut single rings from the coil of wire.
- Open ring and slip on nugget bead, earwire, another nugget and pyrite bead. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Close ring tightly. (Optional, add drop of superglue gel – If you add superglue, position pyrite bead over the glue to hide the seam).
- Repeat for other earring.
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #21-001-050-09 Pyrite Gemstone Beads, 9mm Square Rondelle with Large Hole
- 1 each (use less than a foot) #46-459-14-86 Artistic Wire Silver Plated Copper Jewelry Wire, 14ga, 10 ft - Iron Color
- 1 pair #34-003-12-SS TierraCast Black Niobium Earring Hook Findings w/ 3mm Bead
- 1 ten (use 4 beads) #26-751-03-AP TierraCast 7mm Large-Hole Nugget Heishi Beads - Antiqued Pewter Plated
- #69-262-L EURO TOOL Jewelry Pliers, Wrap 'n' Tap, Large
- #69-380 Tapered Flush-Cutter
- #69-275-09 Wubbers Bent Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-03 Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #60-240 Adhesive, Super Glue, Tenax Plus