In the Moment Leather Cuff Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
Customize the word blank: Continued Below...
- Place the word blank on the steel block and create a dappled texture with the ball peen side of the chasing hammer.
- Use the bracelet-bending pliers to curve the word band.
- Apply Vintaj® Patina™ to the words and use a damp paper towel or baby wipe to remove the excess. Finish the bracelet:
- Use a ruler and hobby knife to cut the leather strip to length.
- Measure and mark the leather strip for placement of the word blank holes (2mm) and closure holes (4.5mm).
- Punch the holes.
- Use waxed linen cord to attach the word band blank to the bracelet; stitch the blank in place and knot the cord on the back side. For ease, a large sewing needle can be used.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- String the suede cord through one hole and then back out, so the cord tails are on the outside of the cuff.
- Sting both cord ends through a large hole bead. Combine both cord ends and make an overhand knot approximately 2" from the cuff. Slide the bead to tighten or loosen the cuff.
- 1 pkg [use 1] #55-000-29 Tim Holtz idea-ology®, Word Bands
- 1 each #86-420-995 Ranger Patina Kit, Vintaj - Weathered Copper
- 1 each [use 7-8"] #61-090-05-01 Leather Strip, 1/2" Wide - Natural
- 1 spool [use 8"] #61-693-04 Suede Lace Cord, 3mm - White
- 1 spool [use 8"] #61-427-02 Waxed Linen Cord, 5 ply, 25yd - Black
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-05 Tool, Glitter, Semi-Flush Side Cutter
- #69-138 Tool, Hammer, Chasing
- #66-023 Tool, Hobby Knife
- #69-306-P Tool, Pliers, Bracelet Bending, Nylon Jaw
- #69-104 Tool, Rotary Leather Hole Punch
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- Large hole metal bead (similar to Tierracast large hole beads)
- Paint brush
- Paper towels or baby wipes
- Sewing needle
- Extra fine point Sharpie (or other permanent marker)