In the Moment Leather Cuff Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
Customize the word blank: Continued Below...
- Place the word blank on the steel block and create a dappled texture with the ball peen side of the chasing hammer.
- Use the bracelet-bending pliers to curve the word band.
- Apply Vintaj® Patina™ to the words and use a damp paper towel or baby wipe to remove the excess. Finish the bracelet:
- Use a ruler and hobby knife to cut the leather strip to length.
- Measure and mark the leather strip for placement of the word blank holes (2mm) and closure holes (4.5mm).
- Punch the holes.
- Use waxed linen cord to attach the word band blank to the bracelet; stitch the blank in place and knot the cord on the back side. For ease, a large sewing needle can be used.
One or more parts (or tools) used in this project are temporarily out of production (TOP). We are actively looking for replacements, and hope to have good subs for the missing parts, available SOON!
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- String the suede cord through one hole and then back out, so the cord tails are on the outside of the cuff.
- Sting both cord ends through a large hole bead. Combine both cord ends and make an overhand knot approximately 2" from the cuff. Slide the bead to tighten or loosen the cuff.
- 1 pkg [use 1] #55-000-29 Tim Holtz idea-ology®, Word Bands
- 1 each #86-420-995 Ranger Patina Kit, Vintaj - Weathered Copper
- 1 each [use 7-8"] #61-090-05-01 Leather Strip, 1/2" Wide - Natural
- 1 spool [use 8"] #61-693-04 Suede Lace Cord, 3mm - White
- 1 spool [use 8"] #61-427-02 Waxed Linen Cord, 5 ply, 25yd - Black
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-05 Tool, Glitter, Semi-Flush Side Cutter
- #69-138 Tool, Hammer, Chasing
- #66-022 Tool, Hobby Knife
- #69-306-P Tool, Pliers, Bracelet Bending, Nylon Jaw
- #69-104 Tool, Rotary Leather Hole Punch
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- Large hole metal bead (similar to Tierracast large hole beads)
- Paint brush
- Paper towels or baby wipes
- Sewing needle
- Extra fine point Sharpie (or other permanent marker)