Happy Brass Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Janet Boyington
- If you're new to metal stamping, first take a look at the step-by-step instructions in our free Metal Stamping 101 PDF.
- Plan pattern -- some designers prefer to stamp the middle letter first, and then work outward to the edges to make sure their words and phrases are centered.
- 14-ga brass is a little harder than some other stamping blanks, so use a 2lb brass hammer and stamp firmly. Janet used the 3mm (approx. 1/8") Uppercase Siena stamp set and it worked great!
- "Antique" the design with black Stamp Enamel, wait 60 seconds, then wipe off excess with a soft cloth or tissue.
- If there are any deep scratches, use a Fine sanding sponge to buff them out, then finish with an Ultrafine sanding sponge, or bring to an ultra high shine with an Ultra Polish Pad.
- 1 each #44-724-02-050 Bracelet Blank, Brass, 1/2" x 6-1/4"
- #69-244-21 EURO TOOL 1/8" (3mm) Uppercase Siena Alphabet (Letter) Metal Stamps Set, 27 Piece
- Metal Bench Block
- 2lb Brass Hammer
- EZ Bender for curving cuff bracelets
- Stamp Enamel or your preferred oxidizer for brass
- Fine grit sanding sponge
- Ultra Polish Pad (Or Ultrafine sanding sponge)