Goodnight Moon Pins Tutorial
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Cut loops off the moon charms and file smooth.
- For one pin, antique the brass components and bar pin with Win-Ox™ before assembling. Allow the parts to dry. Polish with a soft cloth if desired.
- NOTE: It is not safe to use Win-Ox on aluminum, so this design must be antiqued before assembly, or not at all.
- Mark, punch and rivet the moon charm to the bar pin, following directions included with tool. Rivet the moon so it covers the bar pin's catch.
- For more information on using this riveting system, check out this instructional video.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- Use one brass rivet accent behind the sprocket, to raise the sprocket charm over the moon charm.
- 1 pkg of 50 [use 2] #38-303 Bar Pin, 1" (Nickel Silver) (not shown)
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-402-0 Charm, Moon & Stars, Solid, 20x17mm (Raw Brass)
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-311-0 Hour & Minute Hand, 12x27mm (Raw Brass)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 4] #69-920-01-1 Rivet, 1/16", Sample Pack (Aluminum)
- 1 pkg of 16 [use 2] #69-930-01-2 Rivet Accent, Assorted (Brass)
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-303-0 Sprocket, 19mm (Raw Brass)
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-900 Tool, 1/16" Rivet Piercing/ Setting (Steel)
- #69-251-M Tool, File Handle, Medium
- #69-271-93 Tool, Glitter, Tungsten Cutter
- #69-250-04 Tool, Needle File, Half Round, 6.25", #2