Gianni's Garden Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Measure, mark and punch the hanging holes: 3 holes spaced to match the loops of the triangle, and one hole on the bottom.
- Use a rubber stamp of your choice and the Rings & Things Etching kit to create the etched pendant.
- Etch as directed following instructions in the kit as well as the Rings & Things metal etching blog post.
- The pendant is antiqued using Jax Green Patina. You an achieve a similar look using Vintaj's "Weathered Copper"
Patina Kit (#86-420-995).
- String the 4mm crystal pearls and spacer beads on an 8" piece of Beadalon and finish with wire protectors and crimps.
One or more parts (or tools) used in this project are temporarily out of production (TOP). We are actively looking for replacements, and hope to have good subs for the missing parts, available SOON!
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- Cut two 6" pieces of chain and attach to pearl strand with two 5mm jump rings on each wire protector.
- The Wire Guardians™ ensure the Beadalon won’t slip through the jump rings.
- Finish the chain ends (not shown) with the remaining 5mm jump rings and a lobster clasp.
- Using chain for a portion of a necklace is a great way to cut costs without compromising quality!
- Use the filigree as a bail for the handmade copper pendant, and attach with 6mm jump rings.
- Add an 8mm crystal pearl and copper bead cap to a head pin and make a wrapped loop and attach to the pendant with a 6mm jump ring.
- 1 strand [use 6] #26-813-117 Bead, Copper, Coil, Spacer
- 1 strand [use 1] #43-148-03 Bead Cap, Copper, Filigree, 11mm
- 1 spool [use 8"] #61-723-19-54 Beadalon® Wire, 19 Strand, 0.018", 30' Spool
- 1 each #44-785-27 Blank, Copper, Square, 22mm
- 1 spool [use two 6" pieces] #40-099-08-7 Chain, Footage, Curb, 2.8mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-343-7 Clasp, Lobster, 12mm (not shown)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #41-252-8 Crimp Tube, 2mm, Seamless
- 1 strand [use 36] #05-810-04-208ST Crystal Pearl Bead, Round, 4mm
- 1 strand [use 1] 05-810-08-201ST Crystal Pearl Bead, Round, 8mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #44-153-7 Filigree, Triangle
- 1 ounce [use 1] #37-422-7 Head Pin, 2", Standard
- 1 ounce [use 6] #37-136-7 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 ounce [use 5] #37-145-7 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 gross [use 2] #45-210-001 Kit, Etching Supplies
- 1 gross [use 2] #41-050-8 Wire Guardians™, Size 1
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-383 Tool, Safety Glasses
- Apron or smock
- Baking soda
- Duct tape
- Rubber gloves
- Rubber stamp of your choice
- Rubbing alcohol
- Scrubby sponge
- Styrofoam™ float (available from craft supplier or upcycled packing material)