Frippery Soldered Frame Pendant Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
- Choose 2 pieces of glass from the package and clean.
NOTE: this design was created with 1.25" square glass, which is no longer available. 1" and 22mm replacements are linked below.
- Cut the images, phrases and paper to fit the glass slide. Glue images and words to the paper.
- Sandwich the papers back to back between the glass pieces and carefully wrap the glass with copper-foil tape.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- To create a tight seal, burnish the foil to the glass (a Sharpie pen handle makes a great burnishing tool).
- Use soft solder to seal and finish your pendant. Helpful techniques can be found in our blog post (linked below).
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean the pendant and remove any excess flux.
- Use jump rings to attach the chains to the pendant loop; adjust your chain length to preference. Use jump rings to attach toggle clasp.
- Wire wrap the crystal dangles and connect to chain with jump rings.
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-099-13-1 Chain, Footage, Cable, 2.1mm (White)
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-099-16-1 Chain, Footage, Drawn Flattened Cable, 2.1mm (White)
- 1 gross [use 1] #39-190-12-1 Clasp, Toggle, Cast, 12mm (White)
- 1 oz [use 3] #37-422-1 Head Pin, 2", Standard (White)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-147-1 Jump Ring, Oval, 5x7mm (White)
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-136-1 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm (White)
- 1 pkg [use 2 slides] Memory Glass or Microscope Slide Covers
- 1 ea #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 ea #69-068 Solder, Choice™
- 1 ea #69-052 Flux, Stay-Clean Liquid - 4 oz
- 1 ea #69-094-02 Copper Foil Tape, 5/16", 36-yards
- #69-417 Soldering Iron, Hakko®, 60W
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- A few beads from the designer's bead stash ... we believe these were a 3mm Swarovski Cyclamen Opal bead, a 6mm Swarovski bicone, and a 10mm Swarovski crystal round "chessboard" bead.
- Paper towel
- Rubbing alcohol
- Fun images
- Scrapbooking paper