Frippery Soldered Frame Pendant Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
- Choose 2 pieces of glass from the package and clean.
NOTE: this design was created with 1.25" square glass, which is no longer available. 1" and 22mm replacements are linked below.
- Cut the images, phrases and paper to fit the glass slide. Glue images and words to the paper.
- Sandwich the papers back to back between the glass pieces and carefully wrap the glass with copper-foil tape.
One or more parts (or tools) used in this project are temporarily out of production (TOP). We are actively looking for replacements, and hope to have good subs for the missing parts, available SOON!
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- To create a tight seal, burnish the foil to the glass (a Sharpie pen handle makes a great burnishing tool).
- Use soft solder to seal and finish your pendant. Helpful techniques can be found in our blog post (linked below).
- Use rubbing alcohol to clean the pendant and remove any excess flux.
- Use jump rings to attach the chains to the pendant loop; adjust your chain length to preference. Use jump rings to attach toggle clasp.
- Wire wrap the crystal dangles and connect to chain with jump rings.
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-099-13-1 Chain, Footage, Cable, 2.1mm (White)
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-099-16-1 Chain, Footage, Drawn Flattened Cable, 2.1mm (White)
- 1 gross [use 1] #39-190-12-1 Clasp, Toggle, Cast, 12mm (White)
- 1 oz [use 3] #37-422-1 Head Pin, 2", Standard (White)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-147-1 Jump Ring, Oval, 5x7mm (White)
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-136-1 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm (White)
- 1 pkg [use 2 slides] Memory Glass or Microscope Slide Covers
- 1 ea #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 ea #69-068 Solder, Choice™
- 1 ea #69-052 Flux, Stay-Clean Liquid - 4 oz
- 1 ea #69-094-02 Copper Foil Tape, 5/16", 36-yards
- #69-417 Soldering Iron, Hakko®, 60W
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- A few beads from the designer's bead stash ... we believe these were a 3mm Swarovski Cyclamen Opal bead, a 6mm Swarovski bicone, and a 10mm Swarovski crystal round "chessboard" bead.
- Paper towel
- Rubbing alcohol
- Fun images
- Scrapbooking paper