Fireblossom Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Determine desired loop lengths and cut leather. For these earring, I cut 2 pieces at about 5" and 2 pieces at about 3".
- String large-hole gemstone on longer leather piece and porcelain bead on shorter piece.
- Gather all ends together in the correct order (see photo).
- Apply a small amount of superglue inside the crimp end. Insert all 4 leather ends at one time, squeezing them together to fit. Hold in place until glue grips.
- Gently squeeze the crimp end from front to back with flat nose pliers.
- Add earwire. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Repeat for other earring.
- 2 each #48-070-02-AS TierraCast Blossom Crimp End Cap - Antiqued Silver Plated
- 1 pair #34-063-0 Raw Niobium Earring Hook Findings
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #25-050-07-901 5x7mm Porcelain Bead, Large Hole Rondelle - Vanilla w/ Speckles
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #21-001-006-02 Carnelian Gemstone Beads, 8mm Round with Large Hole
- 1 pkg (use about 16") #61-130-05-02 Greek Leather Cord, 1.5mm, 5 Meter - Black
- 1 each #60-244 Adhesive, Loctite Ultra Gel Control SuperGlue
- #69-275-31 Tool, Wubbers™, Medium, Flat-Nose Pliers
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.