Fern Dangle Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to emboss the brass blanks.
- Use the reliefing block to highlight the high points.
- Punch 2 holes in each blank with a metal hole punch.
- Create 4 messy wire-wrapped briolettes and attach to the embossed blank with jump rings.
- Not all gemstone teardrop briolette beads will fit on 20-gauge wire. Find ones that will, or use 22-gauge wire instead.
- Wire wrap the round beads with bead caps directly to the top hole.
- The bead caps are flexible and will stretch easily for a correct fit on the 8mm round beads.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 spool [use about 32"] #46-400-30 Artistic Wire®, 20ga, 45ft
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 4] #88-100-02-0 Bead Cap, Blossom, 6mm
- 1 strand [use 4] #75-001-804 Bead, Labradorite, 10x10mm Faceted Briolette
- 1 strand [use 2] #21-898-105 Bead, Labradorite, Faceted Round, 8mm
- 1 pair #88-102-02-0 Blank, Rectangle, 32x18mm
- 1 pair #34-063-41 French Hook Ear Wire, Niobium
- 1 oz [use 4] #37-136-6 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- #69-325-012 DecoEmboss™ Die, Fern Fronds - This die is no longer available. We suggest the Botanical Swirls as a good substitute.
- #69-500 Sizzix® BIGkick™, Vintaj® Edition (replaced by Sizzix Big Shot Jewelry Studio)
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-275-03 Tool, Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-02 Tool, Wubbers™, Round-Nose Pliers
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block