48 Favorite Things
Welcome to our favorites! No dog bites, no bee stings ... Just a few of our favorite things.
Rings & Things opened our original store in the summer of 1972, and so every summer for our Anniversary, we make lists of our favorite Rings & Things jewelry making supplies (aka "staff choice" items), with at least a few comments about what makes them our favorites.
2020 is our 48th Anniversary! As usual, we tried to pick exactly 48 items each... some of us went waaaay over and others just have a few favorites.
~♥~ We hope you enjoy checking out our picks, and have fun making stuff!
Recent & Upcoming Anniversary Gift Themes:
- The 44th anniversary is considered the "Grocery" or "Gourmet" Anniversary ... but after 44 years of togetherness, some of us don't really need more fancy food tucked into our belts. Consider a lasting gift of food-themed jewelry, or a handmade bead-embellished canape knife, appetizer fork, or coffee scoop.
- 45th Anniversary: Sapphire, most likely because of sapphire's "true blue" reputation -- The true blue of Sapphire signifies faithfulness and sincerity. Over the centuries, the deep blue of sapphire has also symbolized wisdom, virtue, and good fortune.
- 46th Anniversary gifts popular around the world include: nacre (the shimmery layers of mother-of-pearl, abalone, paua shell, etc.), lavender, pearls, daffodils, and poetry.
- For the 47th Anniversary, the internet lists these as the common traditional or modern 47th gift themes from around the world: Amethyst, cashmere, the Camelia flower, and books.
- 2020 is our 48th Anniversary.
- The traditional gemstone gift for the 48th anniversary is Feldspar, which is more glamorous than it sounds: The feldspar family includes Labradorite, Moonstone, Sunstone and Amazonite. (Sodalite is a close relative, but is technically a feldspathoid, rather than feldspar.)
- The modern gift for the 48th anniversary is optical goods. Celebrate with a new optivisor, magnifier or loupe, or maybe Swarovski crystals cut with a "gemstone optic".
- The common theme / gift for the 50th Anniversary is gold! Rings & Things is more a silver type of place (always has been, since we opened), but hey, if you want to send us some gold -- now or in 2022 -- we won't turn it down!
Color of the Year - aka Pantone's Favorites: