Fang's Pin Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Cut 2 identical pieces of brass sheet in desired size.
- Use a hole punch to create a start hole for cutting out the middle of the brass sheet.
- Insert saw blade through hole and tighten saw frame. Saw out the area. File sawed edges smooth.
- Use decorative metal stamps, tools and hardware to texture the metal. Patina with Win-Ox™.
- Laminate the image before being set into the pin.
- Rivet the front and back sheets together.
- Glue on the pin back (not shown).
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 ea #60-220 Adhesive, Epoxy, 220
- 1 doz [use 1] #38-950-10-6 Bar Pin, 1" with 16mm Disk (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 ea #69-189 Cut Lube, 2oz
- 1 doz [use 1] #49-925-11 Charm, Cast, Spider with Web (Antiqued Silver Plated)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 4] #88-108-02-0 Nail Head Rivet, 1/4" (Natural Brass)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-178-9 Jump Ring, Round, 10mm (Black Gunmetal)
- 1 ea #64-990-24 Sheet, Brass, 24 Gauge, 6x6" (Brass)
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-299 Metal Stamping, Rings & Things Tool Kit
- #69-170 Saw Frame, 4" Swiss
- #69-244-11 Tool, 1/8" Stamp Set, Lowercase, Economy, 27pc (Tempered Steel)
- #69-261 Tool, Bench Block & Clamp
- #69-271-06 Tool, Glitter, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-191-60 Tool, Saw Blade, 6/0
- #69-245-17 Tool, Stamp, Wind (Tempered Steel)
- Copyright-free image, cut to size