Double Wrap Hammered Rings Tutorial
Depending on the beads you use, this quick and easy unisex design can go from frilly and feminine to macho and masculine.
Created by: Michelle Horning
- For step-by-step instructions, see the Double Wrap Hammered Ring portion of our 2014 blog post on creating rustic hammered wire wrapped Swarovski crystal rings.
- Make sure the ends of the large gauge wire don't hang too far over, or they will catch on things and bend.
- "Balance" Copper Ring is a modification with two smaller beads. Add one bead after wrapping the first end, wrap as many times as desired to center wire, add second bead, and attach to last end.
- To stabilize a bead such as a puffed coin (silver ring), the smaller gauge wire can be wrapped on each side of the bead and around the center wire.
Suggested Supplies - Balance Copper Ring
Suggested Supplies - Fine Silver Wood Opalite Ring
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #21-886-932 Wood Opalite 6mm Round Gemstone Beads
- 1 pack #47-405-14 Copper Jewelry Wire, 14ga, Round, 20'
- 1 pack #47-405-22 Copper Jewelry Wire, 22ga, Round, 125'
Other Wire Options:
- 1 strand (use 1 bead) #21-000-932-56 Wood Opalite 8mm Puffed Coin Gemstone Beads
- 1 ozt #64-899-14 Fine Silver Jewelry Wire, Round, 14ga, Dead Soft
- 1 ozt #64-899-22 Fine Silver Jewelry Wire, Round, 22ga, Dead Soft
Use 14ga and 22ga silver-filled
, sterling silver,
- #69-157 Ring Sizers, Plastic
- #69-291 side cutters, round-nose pliers, chain-nose pliers from: Tool Set, Zebra Stripe, Six-Piece Set
- #69-151 Plastic
Ring Mandrel, Ungrooved
- #69-135 EURO
TOOL Hammer, Ball Pein, 4oz
- #69-125 Steel
4" Square Block
- #69-330 Beadalon
Pad for Bench Block
- #69-252-01-2 EURO TOOL
Flat File, 6", #2 Cut
- 63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
For additional colors and sizes, or similar items, click into the "Related Products" tab of any item.