Diamonds and Lace Filigree Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Mix the adhesive according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Apply masking tape to the back side of the filigrees. This will prevent the adhesive from leaking through the openings.
- Apply adhesive to the back side of the flat-back crystal and center it on the filigree. Press gently in place. Repeat with the second filigree and crystal.
- Set the pieces aside in a warm area to cure. Curing overnight is usually best.
- Once cured, remove the masking tape from the back side of each filigree piece.
- To finish each earring, simply add an earring hook to the top of the filigree piece. Twist open the earring loop, add the filigree, then twist the loop closed.
- 1 6-pack #02-078-34-473 Swarovski 34ss Ochre DeLite 2078 Xirius Rose Flat-Back Crystals, Hotfix
- 1 dozen (use 2 pieces) #44-115-9 45x26mm Gunmetal Filigree, Diamond
- 1 gross (use 2 pieces) #34-323-9 Gunmetal Earring Hook Findings, Bead and Coil
- 1 each #60-215-100 Swarovski Adhesive, 9030 CG500
- #69-275-58 Baby Wubbers Flat-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- #69-275-53 Baby Wubbers Chain-Nose Jewelry Making Pliers
- Narrow stir stick/adhesive applicator (a wooden tooth pick will work)
- Disposable work surface
- Masking tape